[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Christoph Hanle <christoph dot hanle at leinpfad dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Firewall: NAT 1:1 problem
 Date:  Thu, 26 Jan 2006 06:47:57 +0100
Phil schrieb:
> Hi there,
>
> I am setting up a new WRAP m0n0wall for a mate with a fresh version of
> 1.21and using static addressing from his ISP for the DMZ. I am having
> problems
> with entering this addressing into the 1:1 section and I will explain
> everything that has happened and how I fixed it.
>
> Making up addressing, presume this is the address given to me from his ISP
> for 4 hosts;
>
> 192.168.1.1/30
>
> Means the following;
> network address: 192.168.1.1
> subnet mask: 255.255.255.252

Hi,
here is something not correct.
192.168.1.1/30 is no network for 4 hosts.
the network is 192.168.1.0/30
192.168.1.0 is the net
192.168.1.1 is the first host
192.168.1.2 is the second host
192.168.1.3 is broadcast

one of the hosts should be the gateway at the ISP, you have only one
usuable IP-Adress

> So, what I do normally is;
>
> 1) under Interfaces\DMZ apply 192.168.1.2
>
> 2) under Firewall\NAT - 1:1 tab apply the following;
>  - Interface = DMZ
>  - External Subnet = 192.168.1.1/30
>  - Internal Subnet = 192.168.1.2

The internal subnet of the DMZ has to be in another range than the
external subnet, e.g. 192.168.2.x.

bye
Christoph

--