[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Sean Waite" <swaite at sbn dash services dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] IDS
 Date:  Thu, 26 Jan 2006 07:07:34 -0600
Well in that sense you could say that as well regarding VPN, its not part of the firewall's job. But
I would argue that IDS is of more
relevance to a firewall than VPN capability. In fact, the number one request now we have from
clients is IDS, VPN is secondary.

Although I do understand your point, a web proxy can be run separately, I think a lot of users would
appreciated IDS added to monowall.
At the very least it is one less box to have to muck with.

Sean Waite