[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Eric Maynard" <emaynard at holmeslib dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Outbound NAT Help
 Date:  Thu, 26 Jan 2006 15:17:36 -0500
Hello all,

m0n0wall newbie here and I'm really liking it so far.  I just have a
small, but limiting problem.

My problem is that I need to allow for a host to be accessible on my LAN
with a Public address.  No problem, I have plenty of IPs so following
the recommendations, I assign one to the box using 1:1 NAT, however, the
box is not able to connect to the internet via this interface for some
reason.  One more thing to add and that is that this box requires a
static internal address as well, so I have had to map it outside the
range of the DHCP pool.

Would it help if I added a Outbound NAT rule and if so what should it
be?

-----------------------

Here's my setup mapped out:

x.x.x.1 (ISPs router)

x.x.x.4
(m0n0wall)
192.168.0.2 (my LAN)

192.168.0.250 (box sitting outside the DHCP pool)

------------------------

Settings look like this:

1:1 NAT
Interface  	External IP  	Internal IP  	Description
WAN 	x.x.x.5/32 	192.168.0.250/32

Proxy ARP (rolled with it since docs said using if not needed is OK)
Interface  	Network  	Description
WAN 	x.x.x.5  	NAT

192.168.0.250 can ping 192.168.0.2 and x.x.x.4 just fine, but not
x.x.x.1 and the rest of the internet.  Settings are:

IP 192.168.0.250
Sub 255.255.255.0
GW 192.168.0.2
DNS 192.168.0.2