[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  "m0n0wall" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  DynDNS trouble
 Date:  Thu, 26 Jan 2006 15:16:49 -0600
I got a nasty-gram from DynDNS saying one of my boxes was "abusing" the
service.  I have 15 m0n0wall boxes currently using DynDNS, and none have
been a problem so far. (About 4 months)  From the tech support, "The problem
is that you are running ez-update, an update client, and it is sending
abusive updates.  You need to either fix the update client or use a
different update client instead as currently it is sending an update every
15 minutes, which is not allowed."  Has anyone seen this before?

                                Lee