[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DynDNS trouble
 Date:  Thu, 26 Jan 2006 22:58:21 -0500
On 1/26/06, Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org> wrote:
> I got a nasty-gram from DynDNS saying one of my boxes was "abusing" the
> service.  I have 15 m0n0wall boxes currently using DynDNS, and none have
> been a problem so far. (About 4 months)  From the tech support, "The problem
> is that you are running ez-update, an update client, and it is sending
> abusive updates.  You need to either fix the update client or use a
> different update client instead as currently it is sending an update every
> 15 minutes, which is not allowed."  Has anyone seen this before?

I have a couple boxes using dyndns, and haven't seen this.  m0n0wall
saves the ez-ipupdate cache file across reboots (only this and
config.xml get saved) so this doesn't happen.  haven't heard of anyone
else seeing this either.

best I could suggest is maybe ez-ipudate lost its mind.  have you
tried rebooting to see if it still happens?

-Chris