[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Anthony Mattke <a dot mattke at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  WAN = Wireless Client
 Date:  Thu, 26 Jan 2006 23:43:23 -0500
Is there a way to setup my wifi card to be a wireless client / for the
WAN interface?

How can I get it to associate with the AP? Which mode do I use (in the
mono config)?

I'm using 1.21 and under Interfaces -> WAN I set DHCP, the ssid, and
the mode to IBSS since I know the other two are not what I want. (just
in case, it shows hostap (which i assume is an AP mode), BSS (which is
says is ad-hoc), and IBSS (which is says in infrastructure mode, and I
have no clue what that is, but I know its not the other two) )

Anyway, thats what I changed so far, I currently just want it to pass
traffic.. but I cant get it to pull an IP from the AP. (at least,
according to System-> Interfaces)

Thanks for the help,

Tony