[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  "m0n0wall" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DynDNS trouble
 Date:  Fri, 27 Jan 2006 01:01:27 -0600
From: "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
On 1/26/06, Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org> wrote:

> > I got a nasty-gram from DynDNS saying one of my boxes was "abusing" the
> > service.  I have 15 m0n0wall boxes currently using DynDNS, and none have
> > been a problem so far. (About 4 months)  From the tech support, "The
> > problem
> > is that you are running ez-update, an update client, and it is sending
> > abusive updates.  You need to either fix the update client or use a
> > different update client instead as currently it is sending an update
> > every
> > 15 minutes, which is not allowed."  Has anyone seen this before?

> I have a couple boxes using dyndns, and haven't seen this.  m0n0wall
> saves the ez-ipupdate cache file across reboots (only this and
> config.xml get saved) so this doesn't happen.  haven't heard of anyone
> else seeing this either.

I have 15 with dyndns running, and no problems like this.  Very odd.

> best I could suggest is maybe ez-ipudate lost its mind.  have you
> tried rebooting to see if it still happens?

Turns out I don't need to.  I never seem to have an uptime longer than 10
minutes.  This system is the EXACT same hardware and software as at least 10
other boxes.  It worked fine in my location, and just started this on
install.  Would not have noticed except for the dyndns problem.

                        Lee

PS:  It rebooted once while I was typing this.