[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Kenman Wong <kenman dot wong at iaspec dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] WAN = Wireless Client
 Date:  Fri, 27 Jan 2006 15:25:47 +0800
Hi,

I've tried this before. I have two m0n0wall boxes. One has the WiFi as
WAN interface and the other has WiFi on the LAN.
For the mode I set them both to BSS (infrastructure). (btw you got IBSS,
BSS/adhoc, infrastructure mixed up in your email)
Set up both side with the same SSID, WEP key, and Mode. I leave the
station name field blank.

For the box with WiFi on the WAN interface, choose type to be DHCP and
disable the "Block private networks" option
at the bottom. I am assuming you are picking up an IP from the DHCP
server in the private network segment.

For the box with WiFi on the LAN interface, enable your DHCP server on
the LAN side.

Hope that helps.

cheers,
Kenman