[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Adam Lubkowski <al at life dot pl>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  cannot assign gateway/external modem/subnets...
 Date:  Fri, 27 Jan 2006 10:03:08 +0000
Hello!
Let`s start from the beginning. My configuration looks like that:
adsl line - adsl modem - monowall - lan
Where the modem is an BT Voyager 205, set up in zipb mode (this is
strange, when i connect this modem directly to winxp box, is giving me a
ip - 82.153.166.22 /gateway- 212.104.130.198 /netmask  255.0.0.0 via
dhcp and everything is working well.
When i`m connecting the modem to monowall, and trying to set up WAN
interface to take settings from DHCP is not working properly (ip is
0.0.0.0, gateway 192.168.1.1)
Before starting with monowall i was using slackware linux (dhcp settings
taken  properly) and clark connect (dhcp was not working but i set up a
static ip, and was ok)

I`m trying to use static IP configuration for my monowall. I set up IP,
netmask, gateway. But when i look at diagnostics-interfaces - my gateway
is not showing.
Trying to ping my gateway is giving no route to host result.

Sorry for complicated post, i`m really not into networking, but i need a
reliable router for a small LAN
Maybe someone got experience with this configuration?

thanx in advance, adam