[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jonathan De Graeve" <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  DNS - idea
 Date:  Fri, 27 Jan 2006 12:31:29 +0100
I have the idea to change add a tertiary dns field for the dns servers.

I had this situation:

2 dns server after checkpoint fw, fw went down for hotfix installations.

Clients behind m0n0wall where still logged on but could surf anymore
since the 2dns servers where unreachable.

I want to be able to handle the failure of 1 dns and also the failure of
the firewall.

If nobody disagrees I will add this to the current devel tree

J.

--
Jonathan De Graeve
Network/System Administrator