[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Anthony Mattke <tony at mattke dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] WAN = Wireless Client
 Date:  Fri, 27 Jan 2006 08:06:07 -0500
I really appreciate all the quick responses.

AND Yeah, I had ibss and bss mixed up, It was late and I was really
tired... sorry :)

So, my mono box is in bss mode, which DHCP turned on, block private
networks is turned off. But I'm not getting an IP from the AP. (This
is just a routed bridge to my friend/neighbor.)

Anyway, I just set it up on my AP here in the house so I can easily
check out the status. My AP shows that it is associated with it, but
it dosent seem like it is trying to get an IP address.

So, I checked the logs, and it shows dhclient trying to get an ip
address, I even ssh'd in (i installed the ssh-shellpack version) and
ran /sbin/dhclient wi0 myself, still no IP.

The 2 laptops in the house have no problems getting IPs from my AP,
so, why would this box be any different, I added the MAC address to
the allowed table. I've rebooted the AP and the monowall box for heck
of it, still no IP.

Anyone have a clue where to start looking?

Thanks so much for the help,

Tony