[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael J Hess <mhess at nighthawkrad dot net>
 To:  Denilson Rocha <denilson at vertentes dot com dot br>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Is there some interface prioritized?
 Date:  Fri, 27 Jan 2006 11:32:29 -0600
I am assuming the P2P is a sort of Wireless transmitter linking with the
remote site...

Are you sure the P2P connection is not in the same frequency range as
the Wireless cards that you are using for local connections?    Signal
wouldn't be lost, necessarily, but the radio waves would be busy, and
that would cause loss of throughput...

Mike

Denilson Rocha wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a M0n0 configured with 3 interfaces: LAN, WAN and OPT1. This
> machine is acting as an Wireless Access Point.
>
> The WAN interface (a pcmcia card configured as hostap) is my backbone,
> linked to a linux server connected to a router, and the internet. The
> OPT1 interface (another pcmcia card configured as hostap) is the AP to
> my clients. And the LAN interface is connected to an external radio,
> wich makes a P2P link with another city.
>
> Well, everything works fine, until I get traffic into LAN... When
> there is no traffic in LAN, my clients connects to OPT1 and go to the
> Internet via WAN, fast and easy. When the P2P connected to the LAN
> make some traffic, the clients connected to OPT1 begin to lost
> packets, and the access become very slow... There is no lost of
> signal, only lost of packets. If I block the LAN traffic in the
> firewall, my OPT1 works fine again...
>
> My question is: is the LAN traffic prioritized then the OPT1
> traffic??? Or am I tripping far away? Why this happens?
>
> Any help will be very appreciated!
>
> Thanks to all, and sorry for the poor english...
>
> [ ]'s
> Denilson

*_Michael J Hess_*

*Nighthawk Radiology Services*
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This email, including any attachments, contains information from
NightHawk Radiology Services, which may be confidential or privileged.
The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or
entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that
information is prohibited. If you have received this email in error,
please notify NightHawk Radiology Services immediately by forwarding
this message to mhess at nighthawkrad dot net
<mailto:mhess at mil dot nighthawkrad dot net> and destroy all electronic and hard
copies of the communication, including attachments.