[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jack Pivac <email at delphinus dot co dot nz>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DNS not forwarding
 Date:  Wed, 25 Jan 2006 17:56:26 +1300
Lee Sharp wrote:

> From: "Jack Pivac" <email at delphinus dot co dot nz>
>
>> Lee Sharp wrote:
>

>>> I take it all back.  This is not on the client. :-)  Check in the
>>> m0n0wall http://your.server.address/status_interfaces.php and see if
>>> you have any errors in/out or collisions.  If that is clean, get the
>>> ultimate boot cd http://ubcd.sourceforge.net/ and boot it on the
>>> m0n0wall to test ram and cpu.  If all that tests good, do a test
>>> just like above, and save a status.php and we can look.  This is the
>>> first time I have seen this problem be the m0n0 box.
>>

>> May as well throw it all in :)
>

>> WAN interface
>> Status     up
>> MAC address     00:00:c0:73:99:ca
>> IP address     202.27.186.x
>> Subnet mask     255.255.255.224
>> Gateway     202.27.186.1
>> In/out packets     17722847/15605213 (836.10 MB/649.74 MB)
>> In/out errors     250/190920
>> Collisions     293118
>

> I think we have a winner here.  This is amazingly bad connectivity.
> Here are three random boxes of mine.  You can see that I have no
> errors and a lot more traffic.  Call your ISP.  What you call them is
> up to you. :-)

You 100% sure?

We've had the connection up for nearly 2 months now and its only started
having DNS issues now... and they wont go away... at all... Its been 3
days now...
First time we had DNS issues (about a week or so ago) it went away by
itself after about 2-3 hours.

Aren't the collisions just due to it being a half-duplex wireless
connection?