[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Rui Correia <rds underscore correia at mailshack dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: Hardware Failover?
 Date:  Sat, 28 Jan 2006 18:13:16 +0000 (UTC)
> > according to http://m0n0.ch/wall/todo.php high availability is on the
> > wishlist...    if it is something you really need, check out pfsense.
> > it is built on m0n0wall, but includes CARP for failover.
> >
> > hth,
> > cameron

If you're running m0n0 on a Soekris/WRAP I would warn you that pfSense is muuuch
slower than m0n0.
While it's true that pfSense has CARP and that it actually works, running it on
a net4501 will make you go crazy because it is really slow.
I know it because I've been using pfSense at home on a net4521 until a couple of
weeks ago.
I have now moved back to m0n0 and now my Soekris is very fast again :).
Cheers