[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ron Cohen <r dot cohen at pentasystems dot nl>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DHCP Spoofing & M0n0wall
 Date:  Sun, 29 Jan 2006 16:37:54 +0100
Jeroen, Alexander,

There's another option called SIP Spoof which has done the job for me on
monowall + thomson 510/516/546 + dutch KPN-ADSL.
Looks like you're from the Netherlands so here's a dutch link:

http://drupal.nieuwerbrug.org/?q=node/62

If you're not dutch: what it comes down to is this:
Turn off <block private networks> in wan-settings of your monowall
Backup your monowall config through monowall/webadmin
Edit config.xml and put a route between <system> and </webgui> like this:
|<shellcmd>ifconfig sis1 82.92.70.224/32; route add -net 10.0.0.138/32
-interface 82.92.70.224 -cloning; route add default 10.0.0.138</shellcmd>|
Upload your new config to the monowall,

Make sure you get the latest Thomson firmware through
http://www.speedtouch.nl/drivers.html#510
Do not use the internal Thomson Setup Wizard, instead use the wizard
from the speedtouch site
(http://www.speedtouch.nl/downloads/510R427_config_06.exe)
During setup choose template pppoafip.tpl which can be found
http://s02.onthanet.nl/~jelle/screenshots/alcatel_sipspoof/

Good luck,

Ron

Jeroen Visser wrote:

Alex,

Personally I've never been able to get M0n0wall working correctly with the
Speedtouch DHCP Spoofing method. Everytime I boot the machine on that connection,
I have to manually (via exec.php) add a default gw 10.0.0.138 (out of box IP of
the Speedtouch) to get it working. It's something I can live with on that
connection, but frankly I think a default route outside the scope of any available
network has to be considered as bad networking practices.

--
Jeroen Visser.

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 23:36:39  0200, Alexander Fichman wrote