[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  "Bernd Holzinger" <spam at smart dash network dash systems dot de>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Re: Logs spammed...
 Date:  Sun, 29 Jan 2006 16:07:23 -0600
Bernd Holzinger wrote:
>> What's 192.168.0.110?  The MAC address is Intel, and it seems like
>> some sort of failover or loadbalancing between Intel NIC's (with
>> subsequent MAC addresses like that, :88, and :89, I would assume
>> it's two onboard NIC's).
>>
>> The only time I've seen that, or heard of others seeing it, is when
>> some router is running some type of failover configuration.
>
> this also occures when you trunk 2 or more ports and the connected
> switch does not support this (unmangeable switches most)

I have this at a client site that has a server with a dual port Intel
NIC in a "Express Team" mode. The switch the server is connected to is a
basic Linksys unmanaged switch - I am pushing to replace the switch with
a managed Gigabit switch, but client is dragging feet.

I send my logs to WallWatcher and tell it to ignore the entries.

James W. McKeand