[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Robert White" <rwhite at marport dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Captive Portal: dhcpd: send_packet: Permission denied
 Date:  Mon, 30 Jan 2006 16:16:37 -0330

I am trying to set up a wireless AP connected to the Captive Portal

When I connect the AP to the LAN, I can connect to the AP wirelessly and
access LAN resources.

If I connect to Captive Portal though the wired interface, I get an IP
address (192.168.34.x) and get the Portal login screen.  It works as

If I try to connect the AP to the Captive Portal interface I get the
following in my DHCP log.

Jan 30 15:01:33 	dhcpd: DHCPDISCOVER from 00:13:d3:00:30:07
(wirelessone) via
Jan 30 15:01:33 	dhcpd: DHCPOFFER on to
00:13:d3:00:30:07 (wirelessone) via
Jan 30 15:01:33 	dhcpd: send_packet: Permission denied

In this case, is the static address of the wireless interface
of the AP and "wirelessone" is the client laptop trying to connect.

Does anyone know what might be the issue here?

I have the AP's DHCP server disabled and I have forwarded all DHCP requests
to (my Captive Portal interface).  Also the firewall rules for
the Captive Portal are completely open and I have "Disable MAC filtering"

I'm running version 1.21.

Any thoughts?