[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ryan <dreadlocks at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  DNS Issue
 Date:  Mon, 30 Jan 2006 14:31:11 -0600
While running m0n0 at our latest LAN party I had an odd issue come up
a couple of times, I havent traced down the issue exactly but here is
what happned..
The internet would seem to drop, but existing connections were still up..
turns out nothing was resolving, so I went to the DNS page in m0n0wall
and hit save, then the hosts started resolving again.. I think the
name server was dying, it did this about 4 times throughout the event
(had 70 ppl on captive portal) and each time I would just hit save..

has anyone else had any issues with the name server dying on 1.21?