[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How do i make a .img after making changes to the rootfs
 Date:  Mon, 30 Jan 2006 15:50:53 -0500
On 1/30/06, Chris Flugstad <chris at cascadelink dot com> wrote:
> I have been using the prepared img's for my soekris board, but just started to get the nerve to
start making some changes for myself, and learn more about the possibilities of BSD and monowall on
soekris boards.  i have made some changes to some of the files in the rootfs, but dont know how to
create an img file to copy to a  cf card.   Any help?   Also, is there a way to convert a .img file
to rootfs?  Im a newbie so no big words.  thanks all

The way I do it is by using workon.sh from
http://chrisbuechler.com/m0n0wall/downloads/

It extracts and mounts the image, then you make your changes and type
'exit' and it packs the image back up with your modifications.

-Chris