[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How do i make a .img after making changes to the rootfs
 Date:  Mon, 30 Jan 2006 16:36:25 -0600
From: "Chris Flugstad" <chris at cascadelink dot com>

> I have been using the prepared img's for my soekris board, but just
> started to get the nerve to start making some changes for myself, and
> learn more about the possibilities of BSD and monowall on soekris
> boards.  i have made some changes to some of the files in the rootfs,
> but dont know how to create an img file to copy to a  cf card.   Any
> help?   Also, is there a way to convert a .img file to rootfs?  Im a
> newbie
> so no big words.  thanks all

There are two scripts that make image unpacking and packing easy.
http://devtales.michael-i.com/category/m0n0wall/ and workon.sh/workon4.sh
http://chrisbuechler.com/index.php?id=20

I have used m0n0image, but I included both in my virtual dev environment at
http://www.hosted.net.nz/VMDE/ so anyone could choose easily.

                        Lee