[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DNS Issue
 Date:  Mon, 30 Jan 2006 16:53:37 -0600
From: "Ryan" <dreadlocks at gmail dot com>

> While running m0n0 at our latest LAN party I had an odd issue come up
> a couple of times, I havent traced down the issue exactly but here is
> what happned..
> The internet would seem to drop, but existing connections were still up..
> turns out nothing was resolving, so I went to the DNS page in m0n0wall
> and hit save, then the hosts started resolving again.. I think the
> name server was dying, it did this about 4 times throughout the event
> (had 70 ppl on captive portal) and each time I would just hit save..

> has anyone else had any issues with the name server dying on 1.21?

There was a big discussion between Jack Pivac, myself, and others from
January 20th to the 25th.  In his case it seemed to be related to
collisions, and errors.  Check the thread, "DNS not forwarding" for more
info, and to see if the same things apply.  It could be Jack had more of a
problem than a dirty network.

                        Lee