[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  Nathan Harris <nharris at eoimaging dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How to monitor workstation network traffic
 Date:  Tue, 31 Jan 2006 22:16:25 -0500
Nathan

On 1/31/06, Nathan Harris <nharris at eoimaging dot com> wrote:
> I need to monitor the network traffic through my m0n0wall from LAN->WAN
> on a workstation by workstation basis.  It would be great to have a
> graphical breakdown by LAN IP over time (RRDTool, MRTG, etc..).
> However, what I really need is a real time tool to track down which
> workstation is consuming WAN resources.
>
> Does anyone know of a solution for this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Nathan

I am working on trying to figure out cacti. Someone else posted a
reference to it the other day. I have similiar interests.
http://www.cacti.net I was told by one of the main contributors that
he uses it on about 75 hosts.  I'v got it installed and sort-of
working on FreeBSD 5.4 . Still working on figuring out how to capture
data. I think this has to do with "data sources".

Anyway, check it out. Once installed the interface is kinda nice. It
uses RRDTool, Mysql, Apache, PHP, Net-SNMP

~ Don