[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Sean Waite" <swaite at sbn dash services dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How to monitor workstation network traffic
 Date:  Tue, 31 Jan 2006 22:48:12 -0600
You could use Adventnet's Opmanager
(http://manageengine.adventnet.com/products/opmanager/index.html). Using SNMP (or SNMP/WMI for
Windows) you can get a graph based on the intefaces traffic. I have used it for about a year now and
am extremely pleased with it
(goodbye Nagios).

There are actually a lot of other tools out there, the key being that the endpoints have either snmp
or WMI. Too bad that m0n0wall
doesn't work with their Firewall Analyzer. I use that with my PIX and get a lot more detailed output
on each indiviual device.

Sean Waite
SBN Services
www.SBN-Services.com