[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Daniel Solsona <dsolsona at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] VPN for 2 offices connecting to same domain on a windows server
 Date:  Wed, 1 Feb 2006 13:48:25 +0100

>         I have never done this but I think its possible and would like a
> second
> opinion or two :)
>
> I have two offices that need connecting, one with a few users and a main
> one with about 15 I plan on getting SDSL at the main one and ADSL on the
> other with ISP supplied routers that have VPN pass through. I then want
> to put two m0n0wall wrap units in each premises to set up a VPN so that
> both office have access to the same domain on a Windows 2003 Server.
>
> I believe that windows 2003 will have to do DHCP for both offices and
> that this will have to pass over the VPN does anyone know if this is
> possible?

You'll need 2 wins server, one on each side, to be abble to explore network
etc...

So just configure the VPN tunnel, install a wins server on each side
(configure to replicate with the other one) and nothing more. It doesnt
matter who is the dhcp server, as long as its possible to configure the wins
options in the dhcp.

If anyone thinks I am going about this the wrong way please let me know