[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lewis Edwards" <lewis dot edwards at esi dash group dash na dot com>
 To:  "M0n0wall at Lists dot M0n0. Ch" <M0n0wall at Lists dot >
 Subject:  Rebooting after changes to IPsec and PPTP in 1.21
 Date:  Wed, 1 Feb 2006 13:02:50 -0600
When m0n0wall went to version 1.2, I found that I had to reboot the firewall
whenever I made changes to PPTP user accounts.

Now in 1.21 I have to reboot the firewall when I disable or enable IPsec.  I
have a VPN tunnel that drops periodically and enable/disable is the easiest
way to reset it.  If there's another method, please let me know.

Is there any particular reason why these actions now require a reboot?
Since a reboot flushes my DHCP leases I can't update these services without
disrupting everything else.  I've seen some discussion regarding other
services that require a reboot, but IPsec and PPTP weren't mentioned in
those.

Lewis Edwards