[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Dumber on Static Routes ! :'(
 Date:  Wed, 1 Feb 2006 22:06:47 -0500
On 2/1/06, j dot tarot at tecsas dot fr <j dot tarot at tecsas dot fr> wrote:

> I have a m0n0wall 1.21 on soekris hardware acting as a firewall/router
> for my LAN (192.168.0.254). Internet access is provided by a PPPoE
> modem on WAN interface. And I have to join a box with address
> 10.10.12.254 through OPT1 interface.
> I have tried all sorts of combinations of OPT1 IP address
> (192.168.0.253
> or in 10.10.12.1)/static routes/rules... without finding the good one

Put 10.10.12.1/24 on the OPT1 interface, put in a firewall rule on the
OPT1 interface to permit traffic, and delete any static routes you've
entered (static routes are never required for any directly connected
networks).

Make sure the subnet mask of the OPT1 machine is /24, and it uses
10.10.12.1 as its default gateway.

-Chris