[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jonathan De Graeve" <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>
 To:  <m0n0wall dash dev at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Captive Portal
 Date:  Thu, 2 Feb 2006 11:10:39 +0100
It has already been one month after releasing the 1.21 m0n0wall version
with the new radius framework and a captive portal code cleanup.

However the framework introduced was only related to the authentication
part, some few changes were also been made to the accounting part but it
still doesn't use the new framework.

Since we didn't got any reports of failure for the authentication part,
I assume that all went well and the coding seems to be (very) stable.

I will introduce the new framework also for the accounting part for the
future release.

Furthermore, the captive portal roadmap:
User based bandwidth limitation (speed, not volume) (going further on
the work by Rob Parker)
User volume limitation (session based) since so much people seems to
have big problems configuring the radius server todo this

About the bandwidth limitation, I'm thinking about a dynamic
reconfiguration feature. If radius reauthentication is done, and when
this option is set its possible to dynamically change the users speed
during the session based on the radius response putting the user on
smallband during its session when he exceeded lets say a certain volume
limit.

Any more feature requests/ideas can always be mailed back to the list

J.

--
Jonathan De Graeve
Network/System Administrator