[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim Thompson <jim at netgate dot com>
 To:  Scott Wendrick <scooter at ironbay dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Support for the AR5213
 Date:  Thu, 02 Feb 2006 04:17:37 -1000
Scott Wendrick wrote:

>Just wondering if the new ar5213 atheros chipset is supported or will be.  I think that would be a
great addition to m0n0wall.
>http://www.ubnt.com/supper_range9.php4

I have to fix this for netgate.

We sell several m0n0-based systems.  In particular, we have a couple of
(non-Ubiquiti) 400mW cards that are based on the 5006 Atheros chipsets,
support for these is available in (patched) FreeBSD 6.0.  pfSense
already has these patches.   None of that support is in any version of
m0n0wall, yet.

This was the reason for my query yesterday on the m0n0-dev list wrt the
6.0-based images.

Jim
p.s.  I will not be testing with the Ubiquiti cards, but they should
work with an unmodified 1.2b7 m0n0wall image.