[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ryan Wagoner" <Ryan at wgnrs dot dynu dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Settings For Squid Transparent Proxy
 Date:  Thu, 2 Feb 2006 11:32:06 -0500
I have m0n0wall setup between my DSL modem and home network. Its IP is 10.10.1.1. I have a Fedora
squid server running at 10.10.1.6. What I want to do is setup a rule so that any oubound traffic on
port 80 not coming from squid 10.10.1.6 gets redirected to squid. That why I can have a transparent
proxy for port 80. How do I go about doing this? I know I need the rule on the LAN side, but can the
rules page redirect traffic?? I thought this was only possible from NAT. I just don't want to put in
some random rules and upset the network.

Thanks,
Ryan Wagoner