[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mark Phillips <g7ltt at g7ltt dot com>
 To:  Ryan Wagoner <Ryan at wgnrs dot dynu dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Settings For Squid Transparent Proxy
 Date:  Thu, 02 Feb 2006 13:31:26 -0500
I assume that you have minors in the house?

I think the best you could do would be to use the Captive Portal. It'll
direct the user to a web page. This web page would them give some fluff
about how the proxy settings should not be circumvented lest the Wrath
Of Dad be spawned down upon you.

I do that at my local Scout camp. They have a computer lab so that the
boys cam email home etc. It almost always draws attention to itself as
the boys usually complain to the Lab Manager when they can't get off the
network.

Mark, G7LTT/KC2ENI
Randolph, NJ
http://www.g7ltt.com

Ryan Wagoner wrote:
> I have m0n0wall setup between my DSL modem and home network. Its IP is 10.10.1.1. I have a Fedora
squid server running at 10.10.1.6. What I want to do is setup a rule so that any oubound traffic on
port 80 not coming from squid 10.10.1.6 gets redirected to squid. That why I can have a transparent
proxy for port 80. How do I go about doing this? I know I need the rule on the LAN side, but can the
rules page redirect traffic?? I thought this was only possible from NAT. I just don't want to put in
some random rules and upset the network.