[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Aaron with Morad" <aaronc at morad dot ab dot ca>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  SNMP False Messages
 Date:  Fri, 3 Feb 2006 08:05:25 -0700
I use the Solarwinds Network Performance Monitor on the majority of my network.  Every couple of
days I see a message that indicates my main m0n0 has rebooted (I have it send a text message to my
cell phone for certain events).  I check the status page on the unit and it has an uptime of 20 days
(this morning) - this unit is on a large UPS (with all of my other network gear) that will support
it for at least 6 hours, so I know it hasn't lost power.  I have 4 other m0n0walls in my network
that do not behave this way.  Solarwinds polls the devices every 10 minutes for new SNMP status
messages.

Would this be an issue with Solarwinds or m0n0wall somehow?

Thanks.

Aaron