[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bob Pierce" <pierceb at westmancom dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] WCCP (Web Cache Coordination Protocol) Support??
 Date:  Fri, 3 Feb 2006 09:29:09 -0600
-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Lewis [mailto:andrew at coastal dot com]
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2006 9:17 AM
Cc: m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch

(long lines ingnored)

I keep seeing "router" in your description, not firewall.

I'm generally biased against protocols like WCCP which in my experience
can create lots of problems when implemented incorrectly.

It seems to me that WCCP is better in a router and not a security
device.

On the other hand, I'm certainly in favor of releasing patches to see
whether it is important to others...