[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  "m0n0wall" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Multiple ISP question
 Date:  Sun, 5 Feb 2006 11:03:05 -0600
From: "Chris Mason (Lists)" <lists at masonc dot com>

>I have a m0n0wall installation as the gateway between our internet provider
>and our internal network. Because we use our main feed for VOIP, I want to
>direct the internal workstation traffic to a less reliable but cheaper ADSL
>feed, and I want to serve our webcam on a Cable TV feed as the webcam
>creates significant traffic that can swamp our main ISP's feed.

Well, m0n0wall will not do this.  The obvious way is to have other systems
do it.  For example, have the webcam default gateway point to the cable
router.  Set up a web proxy on the DMZ, and have it point to the ADSL.

> What would be the best way to achieve this? Should I put a router upstream
> of the M0n0wall unit, or is there a way to do this with M0n0wall?
> Is there a open source application better suited for this?
> Any suggestions appreciated...

You can set up rules in m0n0wall to send traffic by type to different
servers.  Thos servers would then point to different gateways.  For example;
 <nat>
 <rule>
  <protocol>tcp</protocol>
  <external-port>25</external-port>
  <target>192.168.1.5</target>
  <local-port>25</local-port>
  <interface>lan</interface>
  <descr>redirect SMTP to LAN SMTP server</descr>
 </rule>
 </nat>