[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Marko Vukovic <marko at aquamanta dot co dot za>
 To:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] generic pc & console instead of VGA adapter
 Date:  Sun, 05 Feb 2006 22:23:31 +0200
F. Haubenschild wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've searched already the archive, but no answer fitted my question.
>
> Is it possible to boot m0n0wall from a generic pc motherboard without vga?
>
> If it's possible, which changes should be made to solve the problem?
>
> I've already tried to add the -h at the boot loader, it seemed to work but I
> couldn't reach the webgui. Without the -h and without the vga adapter the
> m0n0wall seemed to boot, but I also couldn't reach the webgui.
>
> I need a detailed answer - because I'm not familiar with FreeBSD.

I don't see why you need to make changes to the bootloader.

Start by RTFM the quickstart guide (http://doc.m0n0.ch/quickstartpc/),
there you will notice that interfaces need to be assigned on the generic
PC version. In order to do this without a display adapter and keyboard,
you'll need to connect to the serial console. This procedure is
described there too.