[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Taylor <chris at x dash bb dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Routing to a VPN on OPT interface from LAN?
 Date:  Mon, 06 Feb 2006 04:10:59 +0000
Hi all,

In a m0n0-to-m0n0 IPSec VPN, is it possible to have a VPN terminated to
an OPT interface and yet still have the tunnel accessible from LAN?

Remote LAN is 192.168.4.0/24, Local LAN is 192.168.0.0/24, Local OPT is
192.168.100.0/24.

The tunnel is up and running and it works correctly between Local OPT
and Remote LAN. However, I'd like to be able to achieve some access
to/from the Local LAN from the Remote LAN.

I've got some NAT in place to allow access to 192.168.0.2 from the
Remote LAN (via the OPT interface). I'm not sure if this is working but
will test it when I can - this "pinhole" (both ways) is basically what I
wish to achieve. At present, I can't seem to get any traffic to pass
from the Local LAN to the Remote LAN via the VPN.

Is this possible? It would be very handy for my purposes. Or, failing
that, how would you recommend I achieve this kind of setup? My current
thoughts are towards a second interface in 192.168.0.2 that will connect
it to Local OPT (as well as Local LAN).

Any help greatly appreciated :)

Thanks,

Chris Taylor