[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Philip Cox" <phil dot cox at systemexperts dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Performance problems with 1.21 and Net4501
 Date:  Mon, 6 Feb 2006 08:48:38 -0800
All,

I have a Net4501 running m0n0wall  1.21 (built on Sun Jan 1 12:53:10 CET
2006). For some reason I am having performance problems over my 144K
IDSL after doing the upgrade to 1.21. I do NOT remember having the
problems prior to 1.21, and when I swap out the m0n0 for my el-cheapo
Linksys NAT DSL router/firewall my performance returns to normal.

A bit more about the performance ...
- Bandwidth tests from Cnet across either device (Linksys or m0n0) both
register about 133 kbps, which is what I would expect.
- It seems that web surfing and publishing (using webDAV) is where the
difference is HUGE. FrontPage across the Linksys finished in minutes,
where as across the m0n0 it ends up timing out. Accessing certain sites
take forever on the m0n0, but are fine across the linksys
- Also file transfers using SFTP also have problems on the m0n0 but not
the linksys

Anyone else experience this problem? Any recommendations?

Phil