[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Remote Control
 Date:  Mon, 6 Feb 2006 13:53:34 -0500
On 2/6/06, Tyler Heusinkveld <theusinkveld at usd402 dot com> wrote:
> Does anyone know if plans are underway to include a remote control of m0n0wall in the way of Bash
or some other type of remote control. I am new to Linux in general and m0n0wall and am a newbie. I
know that we have several SuSE boxes at my place of employment and we use PuTTY to remote admin our
squid and squidguard machines. It would be handy to have access to the console so I don't have to
hook up a monitor to it when I want to see the commnad line.

You can do everything through the GUI, which can be accessed anywhere
you allow it to be with firewall rules (see FAQ for accessing it on
WAN side).  hidden page exec.php provides a limited shell, which
typically isn't needed for anything.

-Chris