[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Saferite <lee dot saferite at speedysigns dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  VPN Routing Question
 Date:  Tue, 07 Feb 2006 18:47:30 -0500
Hi,

   I have a question and have not been able to resolve it with the
mailing list archives so far.  I currently have my monowall WAN
interface hooked up to 2 seperate gateway devices.  I normally use one
and have the second and a backup.  Now I would like to route a VPN
connection over the second gateway all the time while keeping the rest
of the traffic on the primary gateway.  What procedure should I follow
to make this happen?  I have tried manually adding a second IP to the
nic and then adding a static route to the VPN endpoint, but this does
not seem to work.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Lee