[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  JIm Thompson <jim at netgate dot com>
 To:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] questions
 Date:  Tue, 07 Feb 2006 16:37:10 -1000
Lee Sharp wrote:

> It is hard to find supported cards, and the hostAP code is not all
> that nice.

I don't think its that hard (there are about 20 on my desk), and while
the 'hostap' code (if you mean the hostap mode of the wi(4) driver) has
some ... "issues", the ath(4) code is very, very nice.  (And wi(4) now
uses the net80211 layer that ath does.  Now being "post FreeBSD4".)

> Most people recomend a cheap AP.  You can get one for less than you
> would pay for a supported wireless card.

though not with similar performance.