[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Forest Bond - Logic Supply <forest dot bond at logicsupply dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: Re: [m0n0wall] Version 1.2 passive FTP NAT
 Date:  Wed, 8 Feb 2006 08:29:51 -0500
> Worked
> through a Smoothwall, switched over to m0n0 1.2 and it broke. It
> seems to work via command line ftp, and some other methods, but not
> through, say IE browser... I know, I know, but many clients try to
> FTP this way.

Oy, outbound passive FTP works for us using m0n0wall 1.1, but not 1.2.
I use ncftp, and have tried plain old ftp (isn't ncftp just a front-end
anyway?).  I tried a few other clients, no luck, and a colleague was
unable to get through using a few different windows clients.  Transfers
start, but never finish.  Active worked for him.  ncftp kept disabling
active mode once it realized passive transfers would start okay (but
never "finish", even though all data was transfered).

I've been waiting for this to come up again... :)

-Forest
--
Forest Bond
Logic Supply, Inc.