[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Josh Hyles <josh dot maillists at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Radius User Manager
 Date:  Wed, 8 Feb 2006 17:18:23 -0500
hi everyone, thanks for taking the time to read this. I'm not a total
newbie, but I'm not sure where to turn in my current venture. I live
across the street from a quizno's sub shop and was hoping to setup a
wifi access point for users that come in the shop. Now before you go
think... ah how nice of you mate... lol, I am hoping to charge
something like $0.99 per hour or something. figure thats cheap and if
i make one sale per day, i can put it toward my cable bill each month.
Anyway, the task I'm trying to implament would be a paid for(via
paypal) wifi service that will run all by itself. people create
usernames and passwords along with paying via paypal and everything
takes care of itself. Well, my roommate is a programmer(mainly .NET,
but he thinks he can learn this stuff) and he wants to see if we cant
just write the whole thing outselves. The problem is, we're not sure
how to, if its even possible, to add users to the internal radius
database so we dont have to run another radius server on another box.
OR if there is a better way to go about this all together?

Thanks in advance.

Josh