[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Taylor <chris at x dash bb dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP with Windows XP on 1.21
 Date:  Thu, 09 Feb 2006 22:15:57 +0000
Jeff,

I'm not using 128-bit auth. That's a far-off dream at this point ;)

There are no IP clashes. My DHCP runs from 192.168.0.200-249 and my PPTP
block has been 192.168.0.96/28, amongst other values (including non-LAN
subnet ones).

There are no client firewalls (save the local m0n0wall).

The PPTP firewall rule could not be simpler. It is literally Pass any ->
any for any protocol.

User accounts have been checked and re-checked, plus assigned with
static IPs. No dice.

Are you using IPSec or any of the other features I mentioned? Have you
had to do anything special for the PPTP connection in XP?

Chris Taylor

PS: Please keep replies on-list (Reply All).