[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Philip Cox" <phil dot cox at systemexperts dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] PPTP with Windows XP on 1.21
 Date:  Thu, 9 Feb 2006 11:31:25 -0800
> First of all - PLEASE respond to this thread if you are
> currently using m0n0 as a PPTP server; I would very much like
> to hear from you! Please also mention what other features you
> use; I'm using Traffic Shaping, Captive Portal, DNS
> Forwarder, SNMP, Syslog support, DHCP Server and IPSec.

Okay, here is what I have found. I upgraded my Net4501 to 1.21 and
things started slowing WAY down. PPTP would connect and I could ICMP all
day long, 3-Way handshake went well too, but anything with a large
packet just did not pass.

I changed confiurations, restored factory defaults, went back to old
versions of M0n0wall, and etc. To no avail. I sent e-mail to this list
and got ZERO replies ;(

In a last ditch attempt, I UPGRADED my Net4501 firmware to 1.28 and
everthing went back to normal. Things just started working. Same config
as before. Everything screams (as much as a Net4501 on a 144K IDSL line
can scream).

> At my end, I'm behind a m0n0wall and would like to use PPTP
> to connect to a remote 'wall. This does not work (this is the
> exact setup that worked before). I'm also trying to enable
> m0n0's PPTP server on my m0n0wall to allow others to connect
> - this does not work either.

I PPTP into my M0n0. Works fine for me. You do have the PPTP firewall
rule defined, right?

My M0n0 config applicable to PPTP:

Lan IP is 10.0.3.254
WAN IP is 66.93.xx.xx
Setup PPTP mode as SERVER
Set the local PPTP IP to 10.0.3.191
Give a remote PPTP client range of 10.0.3.144-150

Filter Rule is:

Proto: *
Source: PPTP Clients
Port: *