[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Taylor <chris at x dash bb dot org>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP with Windows XP on 1.21
 Date:  Thu, 09 Feb 2006 23:01:05 +0000
Jeff Buehler wrote:
> Hi Chris -
>
> generic-pc.  As of tonight I will be using a modified version of that
> with fragmented packets allowed across IPSEC due to the inexplicable use
> by Microsoft of 2048 byte RPC packet size that forces fragmentation
> across any standard WAN connection to the Internet (with a maximum MTU
> of 1500).
>
> What errors, if any, are you getting in your logs when people try to
> connect?  What errors are the users getting?

I'm getting nothing in my logs. Users get either error 800 if the VPN
Type is Auto or 678 if it's PPTP. My Syslog server is also apparently
dead so I'm getting nothing from that. I've no ideas on that one either
- that was working well until it decided to stop too ;) (Not a m0n0
issue though, undoubtedly my fault).

My attempts to connect to a remote m0n0 (the one that used to work)
yield error 651. Nothing whatsoever has changed on that m0n0 except the
upgrade to 1.21.

I've tried disabling the Shaper (as I saw that mentioned in an old list
message as a potential problem) - no improvement. I'm kinda hesitant to
go through my config just switching things off until PPTP works but if
anyone thinks one of these services may be clashing, I'll give it a go...

Cheers,

Chris Taylor