[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chuck Mariotti" <cmariotti at xunity dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Marina ISP... Any suggestions?
 Date:  Thu, 9 Feb 2006 18:21:54 -0500
A client owns a marina with about 100 boats on premises during the
Summer Months. I asked him if he thought people would be interested in
Wireless (WiFi) internet access from their boats... He said that there
would probably be 10-20% interested as a guess.

My question is, does anyone know an easy proven way to provide wireless
wifi access to boats (I'm assuming they'll have laptops), how you would
handle the billing issues, what technologies to use... etc...

Because this is in the country-side, it would likely have to be a
Satellite linkup.

Has anyone managed to get Monowall to be a part of such solutions?

Regards,

Chuck