[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim Spaloss <jspaloss at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall list <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP with Windows XP on 1.21
 Date:  Thu, 9 Feb 2006 21:21:35 -0500
Chris,

I am experiencing the same problems as well using 1.21 on the Generic PC
Platform and (intermittently on 1.2). I have tried rebooting, enabling and
disabling pptp, changing addresses, and I couldn't get anything to work. I
had 5 systems in different locations running m0n0wall 1.2 or 1.21 that are
Generic PCs and had PPTP working before they were upgraded. My sites running
on Soekris Net4501s do not seem to have any problems with PPTP on 1.2 or
1.21.

I have been changing each of the sites that have Generic PC and PPTP over,
as I visit them for service, to point to a PPTP server on the internal LAN
segment. This is the only way I have been able get PPTP to work. Obviously
this is less than ideal, as some of my smaller sites do not have PPTP
available on the LAN segment.

I am not running traffic shaping, captive portal, IPsec, syslog, or SNMP at
any of these sites. I am running DHCP server and DNS forwarder. The systems
in question all have 3 interfaces, and one of the systems is running a
filtering bridge.

Thanks,
Jim