[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Richard Parvass" <Richard dot Parvass at aaland dot co dot uk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] PPTP with Windows XP on 1.21
 Date:  Fri, 10 Feb 2006 10:43:41 -0000
Using W2K as a client to a 1.21 m0n0, it works fine most of the time.
The rest of the time I get timeouts. However, if I kill off an IPSEC
connection from another remote site that's connected to the m0n0, the
PPTP server mysteriously springs into life. This I can live with until I
get around to troubleshooting it, but some people probably can't.

Going back a few versions, I always used the same subnet as the LAN for
the PPTP clients, but found this caused more trouble than it was worth -
try using a different subnet. The server will need to have its IP on
this subnet too, so enable PPTP server and use something like
192.168.169.1 and 192.168.169.16/28. I also have Require 128-bit set.

I have a 1.2b3 out there that works flawlessly, btw.

R.