[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Saferite <lee dot saferite at speedysigns dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  [m0n0wall] VPN Routing Question
 Date:  Fri, 10 Feb 2006 08:29:19 -0500
Hi,

   I have a question and have not been able to resolve it with the
mailing list archives so far.  I currently have my monowall WAN
interface hooked up to 2 seperate gateway devices.  I normally use one
and have the second as a backup.  I would like to route a VPN
connection over the second gateway all the time while keeping the rest
of the traffic on the primary gateway.  What procedure should I follow
to make this happen?  I have tried manually adding a second IP to the
nic and then adding a static route to the VPN endpoint, but this does
not seem to work.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Lee