[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jeff Buehler <jeff at buehlertech dot com>
 To:  Kris Shaw <monowall at wealdclose dot co dot uk>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] outlook -> exchange problem
 Date:  Fri, 10 Feb 2006 07:45:33 -0800
Hi Kris -

I am pinging the m0n0wall itself - I get the same behavior with devices
behind the m0n0wall in each of the three given VPNs.  After modifying
ESP and AH protocols to allow fragmented packets, I have verified that
keep frags is enabled in the status.php page.

The behavior remains the same - one of the three m0n0walls still cannot
successfully get a reply after pinging a fragmented packet to either of
the other two, while the other two can ping it and each other with a
fragmented packet successfully.

By the way, thank you for this modification to m0n0wall - this (and the
use of AH instead of ESP) seems to have solved my problem with Outlook
keeping a solid connection with Exchange across the VPN.  I am going to
test ESP again tonight and see if it works with the new .iso image of
m0n0wall.  I'll keep looking into why one of the three does not seem to
be working...

Thanks,
Jeff