[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Sean Waite" <swaite at sbn dash services dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] windows share on vpn
 Date:  Fri, 10 Feb 2006 11:07:17 -0600
Just a little tip, add whatever machines to your hosts file. Then you can navigate to whatever
machine quicker by its name without
relying on WINS. Actually, you should find that it is easier to rely on the hosts file than WINS. If
the machines though on the other
end are doing DHCP, then it would be better to run WINS/DNS locally and have them replicate with the
WINS/DNS on the other end.

Sean Waite